* In the Crossle manuscripts found at PRONI, there is a section on Robert Gordon of Ballintaggart, County Down. In 1714, he leased the middle quarter of Ballintaggart to James Gray, John Miscampbell and Andrew Miscampbell. That John Miscampbell is John McCampbell who emigrated with all of his family to Augusta County, Virginia in 1753. He is my great, great, great, great grandfather. I note that there were marriages of Gordons and Campbells in that background and now am hunting for leads as to when my ancestors moved from Scotland to Ulster and what their Campbell connection was. Any suggestions will be appreciated. -- Bill McCampbell
* Hello! Have seen your website, and it is wonderful! Am hoping you might have some advice for me about my Gordon line- I have been searching for my ancestors for 5 years now, with no luck- no one can seem to help me identify my line and where it came from. What I know is: A Robert Gordon, born VA. about 1800-1810, maybe in New Richmond, VA, married a Sarah Munn (or Hook) of Ohio, in VA. They travelled to Greenup Co., KY, by 1840. They had with them 3 sons, all born in VA, Robert, William and George Washington Gordon. II know about them from when they arrived in KY, but cannot place them before that. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much, Sandy Taylor
* I am a fourth generation Gordon. My g-grandfather was Frank Joseph Gordon. Married Doris Cecialia McCracken. They had a son Kenneth Eugene Gordon, my grandfather. He was born in Garland, Washington County, PA, on 3/7/1895. Married Hazel Maxine Reed. Any help would be appreciated -- Patty.
* I am a Gordon descendent from Virginia. The intermingled lines are Gordon/Fitzhugh/ Edmonds. The Fitzhughs and Edmonds are somewhat documented in Virginia history, but Gordon is a relatively common name and I can't seem to determine which specific Gordon line we descend from. These Gordons were of the "planter class" and are related to the Lee and Carter and Byrd families as well. -- Lee Bruce
* Does anyone have any information in their line of ever hearing or reading or a Oden B. Gordon who married a Rebecca B. Gordon and had a son named Robert Lee Gordon.We have spent literally hundreds and hundreds of hours trying to find this line. Oden and Rebecca supposedly from Virginia. Robert was born maybe around 1890. These are my great grandparents and grandfather. Anything is so greatly appreciated. -- Arlene Brown
* A branch of my Gordon Family migrated to the USA from Aberdeen in Scotland around the late 1890's - 1900's. Some ended up in the Chicago area. My GG Grandmother Elizabeth Gordon made several visits to America to see them. Would be keen to hear from anyone who might belong to that part of the family. -- Rhona McLean
* Although COCHRAN is not listed as a surname on the Genealogy Page of your web site, I found posted to another web site that Kevin Gordon was researching Joseph Coughran, b. 1761 and married Prudence Mathews. I would like to correspond and share with the individual who was or is researching Joseph Cochran as he is my GGG Grandfather. -- Charles Cochran **NOTE this line is being researched by Kevin Gordon of houseofgordon.com this contact information was passed on to Mr. Cochran.
I am looking for the parents of Sanford Gordon (Santford Gorden) born in Kentucky around 1813. He is listed in the 1860 census for Anderson Co., KY. He married Mary Melear in 1832. I understand he is the son of John Gordon and Sally McIntire, but really have no evidence to back that up. Sanford Gordon is my g-g-g-grandfather. I would really appreciate any information you may have. Thanks! -- Beverly Farmer