You’ve been to a lot of places for your vacation, and you might have been to some places again and again. Some of these places might have been the Grand Canyon, Yosemite National Park, and Mount Rushmore. For a change, you would like to visit or camp out in a different place. The problem is, you can’t think of one at the moment. Why not try backyard camping?
There are many reasons you should try out camping in your backyard for a change. Here are some of them.
- You get to bond with your friends or family. Camping in your backyard is a great way to get together with your family or friends. You spend the entire night sharing good food, stories, songs, and jokes. For a few hours, you forget all about work to enjoy the moment and become closer to each other.
- You spend some quiet time alone. In case you live by yourself in your house, backyard camping can be a great opportunity for you to do some quiet thinking, especially when the neighbors are all asleep. The sound of the gentle wind, the patter of the rain, or little animals such as crickets allow you to take in the serenity of the moment and think about things such as what you have achieved so far or your plans.
- You get to discover your backyard. You might have been too busy with your work or school work that you might not have time to notice your backyard. Camping in your backyard would allow you to notice how pretty your backyard is and what a nice place it is for taking some respite from the day’s hard work. While roasting your favorite food, you would notice the nice sounds and plants in your backyard.
Activities to Do for Backyard Camping
To make backyard camping fun and memorable, you can do several enjoyable things.
- Exchange thrilling tales. Do you remember the TV show, Are You Afraid of the Dark? This is about a group of kids who meet every evening to exchange scary stories with each other? That would be a fun thing to do when camping in your backyard with your friends or family. Sharing scary or thrilling tales would help you while the time away while sharing food or booze.
- Go treasure hunting. As the host of the event, you can hide some objects in different places in your backyard. The darkness would make it more exciting for your family and friends to look for these hidden “treasures.” Remind them not to use their smartphones or flashlights to look for the objects you hid in your backyard. Who knows? One of them might accidentally stumble upon a real treasure.
- Take a trip down memory lane. If you’re by your lonesome, you can do another fun activity. In the quietness of the night, you can lay back and look back at the wonderful times you spent with your family and friends. While staring at the night sky, you can smile as you think about the funny experiences you had.
When camping in your backyard, there are a few things you need to consider.
- Clean the yard. Make sure that there are no harmful pests that would bother you while spending the night camping in your backyard. Harmful pests would make you and the people with you uncomfortable, thus taking the fun out of backyard camping. You can get rid of harmful pests by seeking help from pest and mosquito control services.
- Check the weather. Make sure that the weather is suitable for camping in your backyard. A cool wind blowing through your backyard would certainly make the activity truly enjoyable. You wouldn’t want to soak in the rain while sleeping in your backyard. That’s why you need to check the weather report before camping out.
- Check the food. The food you are to eat while camping out should be easy to prepare. Choose what is easy to cook while you are camping out. It will be ideal if the food is just roasted over the fire like what you do when you are in a real camp-out.
Camping out in your backyard is indeed a fun and different way of spending a vacation. Not only is it inexpensive, but it also allows you to have a vacation right in the comfort and safety of your home. You can create more memories by yourself or with your family, even with just a simple setup at the back of your home.