They say age is just a number. You can look young, pretty, and vibrant even in your 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. But you have to keep watch on your skin health. Here are the top skin treatments for that.
The skin is the window to one’s youthfulness. If you want to look young even beyond a certain age, you have to make sure that your skin looks plump, taut, and smooth. An esthetician in Utah can, of course, help you with that. Thanks to science and technological breakthroughs, you have several options in order to look young and vibrant, seemingly forever. Instead of simply relying on home remedies, which may take a long time to take effect, skin experts have the power to make a significant change to your complexion, similar to what a fairy godmother can do.
Finding the Right Treatment is Important
There are countless skin treatments and cosmetic therapies to help you look your best even in your 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. But finding the best treatment can be overwhelming because it depends on a couple of variables.
For one, you have to establish what it is that is actually troubling you. Is it sun damage, freckles, wrinkles, age lines, crow’s feet, or age spots? You must first identify the problem to know what best option would be. For another, skin problems are often rooted in several issues other than your age. Your genes and daily habits have a strong impact on the ageing of your skin, in the same environmental factors do.
Here is a quick guide on the popular treatment options for ageing skin. Read on to hopefully find the one that’s right for you.
- Topical Creams – There are about a million and one over-the-counter products that you can use to bust common skin ageing problems. Retinoid creams are some of the popular types because they are proven effective against wrinkles. But there are other creams available to deal with particular problems. If you want, you can even make a thorough consultation with an esthetician to help you find what products you need for your anti-aging kit. A complete line of treatment is of course, most effective.
- Botox – The injection of Botox into a problem area is seen as one of the most popular skin treatments. Botulism toxin has the power to paralyze facial muscles and smoothen the spots where wrinkles and age lines are present.
- Chemical Peel – Using a chemical peel treatment can encourage the growth of a smoother, evenly colored, fresh skin layer to replace the wrinkled, scarred, and dull skin texture. Chemical peels come in various intensities, from superficial to deep, and the results, side effects, and price may depend on how deep the peeling is.
- Microdermabrasion – This non-invasive procedure is done in derma clinics but it usually does not take long, is not painful, and would not require an anesthesia. A diamond-tipped wand is used to slough off dead skin cells from the topmost layer of the skin to encourage new skin growth.
- Laser Resurfacing – The tightening of loose skin is the main goal for this laser procedure, wherein a high intensity light is used to zap and improve the trouble spots. This treatment may cause redness in the skin, which takes some time to recover from. The effects of laser resurfacing and the client’s recovery period vary. For the most part, the more aggressive the treatment is, the longer the redness in the face appears.
Skin treatments are pricey and may come with side effects that are inconvenient or even hazardous. It is very important, therefore, that you are smart in your choices.